Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hello World!

Hey everybody, Scott here, the other half of planetstorybook.com. I've been hard at work developing the site architecture, and I can't say how excited I am about this, I think this is going to be a really special site, and I'll be giving you updates on how the site development is coming along.

I'm happy to say phase 1 is finally complete! What is phase 1 you ask? Well the development of a Flash-based dynamic storybook system! Version 1.0 of the storybook entry system and the storybook display system are complete. The database structure and fuctinonality is in place, and we now have the ability for users to share storybooks with friends.

Right now, I'm working on adding the ability to upload photos directly from the storybook entry system and preview your storybooks there. I'm also adding the ability to have greater control over layout options. In addition, I'm also bugproofing the existing architecture. That shouldn't take too long, then I'll add the ability to search for and edit existing stories.

Development has also started on character art as well. I can't wait until that's complete and we can start integrating the characters into the site!

That's it for now. Back to work!
Scott

No comments: